Photography Session Contract
Session Reservation Fee
1. The client understands and agrees to pay session fee within one (1) week of the invoice being sent. This is a non-refundable reservation fee, to secure the date and time of the appointment and for the photographer to not make any other reservations or accept any other clients for said date and time. Your booking is not confirmed until the session fee is paid.
2. The client understands that: All payments are due in full within one (1) week of booking/placing an order unless layby payment arrangements have been made. Orders will not be processed until payment in full is received. If the client has arranged a payment plan, the order will be placed after the final payment has been received.
Following The Prep Guide
3. The client understands that: It is important to follow the instructions provided in the information pack associated with the clients’ session type. The information pack is designed to best prepare the client and the client's children and/or newborn for their session. The instructions need to be followed correctly by the client in order for the photographer to provide the best outcome for the portraits. Should the client not cooperate fully with the instructions, resulting in the children and/or newborn being unable to finish the session, the photographer is unable to guarantee the number of images in the clients’ gallery. Should the client be unhappy with the number of images in the client's gallery, when non-cooperation has occurred, the photographer is not liable.
Cancellation of Booking
4. The client understands that: Where the client cancels a booking appointment, the client is LIABLE to and agrees to PAY a cancellation fee of $150, regardless of whether the appointment is attended or not. The money paid to the photographer towards the booking/appointment can be applied towards another session to the value of the amount paid, at the photographer discretion.
5. The client understands that: Orders must be placed within 5 days of receiving the gallery. Purchased images will be archived for twelve (12) months, and any unordered images will be deleted. If an order is not placed within 3 days of receiving the gallery a $25 fee will incur to reopen that gallery.
What the session fee includes
6. The client understands there are no digital files or products included in your session fee. Your session fee covers the time and talent of both the photographer, the use of the props available as well as the wear and tear of the equipment used during your session. The client understands that a digital/product collection must be purchased before any other products or digital images. This covers the time and effort put into creating your beautiful gallery of images, from selecting, culling, editing, and finishing right through to presenting them in your gallery. Digital files are the art the photographer has produced, and are priced accordingly.
7. Renaye McLachlan Photography does keep a back up off all images for up to 12 months, but is not responsible for the loss of images or for maintaining backups of the client's images once they have been delivered to the client.
8. The client hereby grants Renaye McLachlan Photography and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the client or in which the client may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The client hereby releases Renaye McLachlan Photography and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to the photographs. It is agreed that Renaye McLachlan Photography may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in photography books, studio display, magazine advertising and any other purpose thought proper by Renaye McLachlan Photography. Photography businesses are built on imagery. It is how you find photographers and how other people find them in the future. As a result, photographs need to be shared images from shoots in a public forum in order to continue to market the services. However, If you would not like any of your images used in any advertising please state so below.
Camera's and Picture taking during the Session
9. The client understands that: No cameras/camcorders/any type of recording device (this includes cell phone cameras) are allowed during the session unless you have asked the photographer during your session. The photographer will not continue if there are other cameras or video taping during the session without knowing.
* The client has read and understands the terms of this portrait contract with Renaye McLachlan Photography. By submitting the form below you agree to all the terms and conditions set out in the above contract.